WE'VE MOVED! Visit us at our new page.

The Batter Thickens: Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese "Syrup"

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese "Syrup"

Now I bet you're probably thinking, "Cinnamon Roll Waffles, Audrey? Really? How are we ever going to be able to make something so extravagant and complicated?" (Unless you're not thinking this and are just reading this with an open mind and are fully confident of your baking abilities and are up to any challenge,). Well, think again, because these things are EASE-Y.

We just recently got a waffle maker, because my birthday was the other day. (I got it because for Christmas, my Mom and I both gave each other a crepe pan, so we returned one and this was our replacement gift. So it was kind of for the both of us, but for my birthday.) And I immediately put it into use!


I really don't know what to say about these, because these are literally just Pillsbury cinnamon rolls cooked in a waffle maker. (Shhhh...)



They are SUPER duper easy to make, and take about ten minutes. You preheat the waffle maker, put on the cinnamon roll, close the waffle maker, cook them for 10 minutes, and then take them out and eat them. I am trying to make this sound more complex by adding more steps, but it's really not.

You can choose to use that icing they give you in the Pillsbury packet, but, if you have time, I highly suggest the cream cheese "syrup" that goes along with this recipe, because let me tell you: Ah-mazing.


Although it is probably the least photogenic stuff I have ever made. It looks like a big yellow-ish tinted blob. Like that stuff you get on Webkinz if you're really unlucky on the Wheel of Wow (Anyone get this reference? If you don't, you should start playing Webkinz. Or you can just look at this link for the picture.) But it tastes DELICIOUS.

To make up for that un-photogenic blob, here are some lovely pictures of these yummy waffles:




They were quite a hit with my family for Mother's Day, and everyone liked them! Everyone! Even my
brother. :) <-----Satisfied smile.

-Audrey


Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese "Syrup"
Courtesy of the Unsophisticook
Yield: 16 waffles

Ingredients:

For the cinnamon roll waffles:
2 cans Great Value cinnamon rolls
For the cream cheese syrup:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Instructions:

For the cinnamon roll waffles:
Preheat waffle iron to medium-high. This was setting #4 on my waffle maker.
Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray or brush on oil. I used coconut oil and it worked perfectly.
Place one cinnamon roll on each square and close iron.
Bake until golden brown. The automatic timer was perfect for me, but if yours doesn't have one, it was about 60 seconds.

For the cream cheese syrup:
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Stir softened cream cheese into butter, and then whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
Drizzle over cinnamon roll waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment